Moist Heat BBQ

A place to post your drippings

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Recipe Help

For those of you who do not know me, I used to work with Joe-Be-Wan and Flamb_Ed at MCW. I am trying to expand my skills so Joe-Be-Wan got me hooked up with the Blog and the Moist Heaters.

What I am looking for is guidance on a Smoked Turkey Breast recipe. I Joe-Be-Wan it is not real BBQ but we have some friend that don’t eat pork or beef.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I will let you all know how it turns out.

2 Comments:

  • At 4/03/2008 9:33 AM, Blogger Andakin said…

    You can try the recipe we have posted under our recipes section:

    http://www.moistheatbbq.com/recipes/turkey/perfect.html

    It is for a full bird but I used it for a Turkey breast and it turned out great.

    http://www.moistheatbbq.com/2006/09/thanksgiving-comes-early.html

     
  • At 4/03/2008 9:54 AM, Blogger T-Bone said…

    Last Thanksgiving, I smoked a turkey breast for my family. I tried brining for the first time and found the following quick and simple brine from Bobby Flay:

    2 quarts cool water
    1/2 cup kosher salt
    1/2 cup granulated sugar

    You whisk the salt / sugar combo in cool water in a large pot or bowl, add the turkey breast, and let it sit at least an hour before cooking (I brined for about 3 hours). I also added peppercorns to the brine. When you take it out of the brine, you can then add a rub if you want. I smoked mine with apple wood chunks and it came out really moist. I'll brine again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster