Moist Heat BBQ

A place to post your drippings

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Chargriller's New Sibling

While we all know that there is nothing like the taste of a nice cut of meat grilled over charcoal, there are also days when you just don't have the time to grill using charcoal. Which is why most of us have not only a charcoal grill, but also a gas grill. I had my previous gas grill for about 6-7 years, which honestly is not that long. After a few uses this year, I noticed that the left side no longer lit. Ok, no big deal, I can deal with only using half of the grill. Well, the other day, I went to start the grill and after turning on the burners and having flames shooting out of the control knobs, I figured it was time to start shopping for a new grill.



Since I use my gas grill for quick weeknight grilling, I figured I would not need anything fancy, maybe $100-$200. After checking the local Lowes and Menards with no success, we stopped at our 2nd home, Home Depot. They had a very nice selection, most of which nowadays are stainless steel and all come with a side burner. My decision was between a Brinkman 4-burner stainless steel with porcelain grates for $199 or a Char-Broil 4-burner stainless steel with cast iron grates. For the extra price, I had to go with the cast iron grates. It also has the side burner with a removeable griddle top. Assembly was pretty easy and we were able to enjoy some nice thick New York strips for dinner on Sunday.


1 Comments:

  • At 7/20/2008 4:49 PM, Blogger Bobbledog Bob said…

    Hey Andakin that is a great grill for quick work. As you say it may not give quite the same taste as grilling over charcoal but if you can use it evenings then it is better than cooking in the house.

    With the wet weather we have been having in the UK this summer I have my gas grill ready to go any evening.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster