Moist Heat BBQ

A place to post your drippings

Monday, June 15, 2009

Smoked Chicken w/Honey Mustard Sauce

The T-Bone family has heretofore been leary of me preparing chicken in any way other than grilling boneless, skinless breasts. With the new smoker, I wanted to give smoked chicken a try (especially after Andakin's family raved over his). Taking Andakin's advice, I headed to the Hartford Walmart to pick up a couple of packages of pre-cut chicken pieces. I rubbed them before lunch on Saturday to prepare for a 3pm Sunday smoking session.

After reading from several sources, a common flaw with smoked chicken is the possibility of rubbery skin. Being a two apparatus man now, I figured I could get a second fire going on the kettle to crisp up the skin before serving. Instead of a traditional tomato based sauce, Mrs. T suggested we go with my mustard sauce. When the pieces were about 165 degrees, I transferred them to the kettle for direct heat and a little char. The result? Winner, Winner - Chicken Dinner.






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster