Moist Heat BBQ

A place to post your drippings

Sunday, February 18, 2007

I DID IT






I broke my winter curse. My wife was feeling kind of down, and seeing that I bought a new book (Willingham's BBQ cookbook- John Willingham is a Memphis legend, makes his own smokers, and claims to be head of the most decorated BBQ team in history), I decided to brave the cold.






I chose Willingham's championship rib recipe and one of his many sauce recipes. I will skip past all of the prep for reasons to be revealed later. I am proud to say that I successfully smoked while temps were around 14 degrees. The disturbing part was breaking through ice to get to my soaking hickory chunks. Overall, it wasn't that bad- the fire kept me warm, the sun was out, and the smoker (mine is insulated) kept right at 225.






I am skipping past my recipe and techniques because Kristen said these were my best ribs ever, and wants me to enter them into the contest, so I shan't share my recipe this time. I will say that this was the first time I would eat ribs without sauce- they were that good.






We also discovered that my 12 month old baby loves ribs- I guess its in his genes.

2 Comments:

  • At 2/20/2007 10:27 AM, Blogger T-Bone said…

    So how is this training of the young accomplished? Do you deny sustenance to your offspring for a period of time and then only present ribs for nourishment?

     
  • At 2/20/2007 10:54 AM, Blogger Flamb_Ed said…

    Competition, shmompetition - the thought of the Flambs having a recipe before you had you running scared, this is all propaganda.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster