Moist Heat BBQ

A place to post your drippings

Monday, July 21, 2008

Good chicken, burnt glove



We had great chicken under a brick but I lost my new Webber glove. It was a windy day and the grill was burning well. A piece of burning charcoal dropped through the bottom air vents onto the shelf where I had placed the glove. I noticed that it had burnt a hole through the thumb but when I tried to use the glove I found it was very hot inside. In fact the lining was smouldering and in the wind it was soon well alight. I would have thought the glove would have been fire resistant, so just be careful folks if your glove is smoking instead of the food don't put it on!

1 Comments:

  • At 7/23/2008 9:42 AM, Blogger T-Bone said…

    I made the same mistake trying to remove my rib rack last year. Those shiney silver gloves leave the impression that they can withstand more heat than they do. Burned a hole right through. Joe-Be-Wan recommends welder's gloves. I haven't been able to find a good pair to fit yet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster