Moist Heat BBQ

A place to post your drippings

Friday, June 23, 2006

What's Cookin' This Weekend

The weekend is right around the corner so what does everyone have on their grilling menu for this weekend?

Saturday I will be at a graduation party so I will not be able to grill. But weather permitting, Sunday I plan on making Tennessee Pork Loin with Nashville Sweet Barbecue Sauce. The recipe is from Steven Raichlen's BBQU.net website. Although I have recently said that I was done making my own sauces, I think I might give this one a try since there is NO vinegar involved. I saw Raichlen make this on a rerun episode of Barbecue University recently and it looked awesome! I will of course post pictures of the finished product.

Anyone else got grilling/smoking plans this weekend?

5 Comments:

  • At 6/23/2006 1:15 PM, Blogger T-Bone said…

    I might try my first rack of ribs tomorrow. I think it's time for me to take it up a notch. A sauce with some bourban in it sounds fun.

     
  • At 6/23/2006 1:24 PM, Blogger Andakin said…

    I haven't tried these yet but Steven Raichlen has a recipe he calls First Timer's Ribs in his Ribs, Ribs, Ribs book. You can find the recipe here.

    Looks pretty easy to do and it includes bourbon. :)

     
  • At 6/23/2006 2:21 PM, Blogger Joe-Be-Wan said…

    You can do it T-bone. Go slow and, for gods sake, use some smoke. Don't be scared. The first timers ribs are easy. I'm on call this weekend, so feel free to page to get some recipes.

     
  • At 6/23/2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Andakin said…

    Remember..."It's the wood that makes it good!"

     
  • At 6/23/2006 2:42 PM, Blogger T-Bone said…

    Thanks my Pigi Masters. The Pork is strong with you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster