Moist Heat BBQ

A place to post your drippings

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Brisket in England

I'm posting this for Bob (Mrs. Flamb's dad)...

So I got this recipe off moistheatbbq.com - thanks Andy. I bought my briskett (only 2lbs 'cos there is only Sue and me to eat it). I made the rub and put the meat in the fridge overnight.

So this afternoon I had made the mop sauce and was ready to cook it. Then the English summer struck. I was using my old gas bbq as that was easy to light in the rain and I had it by the back door. I also want to use up the gas in the bottle as I will be taking this bbq to France and I'll have to get a French gas bottle there.

Anyway the heavens opened and down came the rain. See attached photos

After 3 hours - and mopping every half hour the meat was well browned so I wrapped it in foil with a good covering of mop sauce. Half an hour later it reached the prescribed 190 deg F and was put on one side to rest.

So we had melon bought on Rochdale market for starter, Briskett with Jersey Royal potatoes, corn, parsnip and a tomato dipping sauce for main course (entree). Desert was 'freezer surprise' (a fruit and suet sponge desert I made earlier this year) with custard (English vanilla sauce).

We have only once ever had briskett like this - that was cooked by Andy at the moist heat teachin back in May - thanks Andy and watch out I'm catching up, if only it wasn't for this weather........

I have attached a few pictures to illustrate this story.












2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster