Moist Heat BBQ

A place to post your drippings

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Grilling, grilling, and more grilling

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. My trip up north was great and I grilled every night! We started with pork chops on Saturday night. Something easy since we spent the morning driving and didn't have much prep time for anything else. Sunday night I did a beer can chicken and it turned out great (see photo). Since I don't have a true smoker at the cabin, I did indirect heat for about 1.5 hours. In the past the skin seemed to burn quite a bit but this time it turned out just right. The chicken was flavorful and tender.

We finished off the weekend with ribeyes on Monday night. I marinated them for about 7 hours in equal parts Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, a little fresh black pepper and just a pinch of spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning. The ribeyes were the best steaks I think I have ever grilled. I threw a few wood chunks on there to give them a nice smokey flavor and they came off a perfect medium (sorry no pics). I also grilled some garlic bread to go with the steaks and actually seemed to be a bigger hit with the family than the steaks.

While in the Northwoods I also stopped by Super Walmart and checked out their meat section. I picked up a 7.6 lb. pork shoulder for about $8 and an 11 lb. brisket for $5.50!! They were clearing out the brisket becuase the sell by date was July 4 so they were selling it a $0.50/lb!!! Even if the brisket is not great quality you can't go wrong for $5.50! All in all it was a great cooking weekend. Time to start planning for this weekend! :)

2 Comments:

  • At 7/05/2006 11:04 AM, Blogger tkrimms said…

    oh look at that chicken :)

    The steaks were excellent - I am glad we got to make them (due to pounding rain and high winds that forced us to eat late).

    Yeah, I'll admit it - I am a garlic bread junkie since you make it this way on the grill now.

     
  • At 7/06/2006 9:37 PM, Blogger Joe-Be-Wan said…

    Andikin- you need to tell everyone where you got that recipe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster