Moist Heat BBQ

A place to post your drippings

Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Mark of the Moist Heat

If you have ever searched online for grilling accessories, one of the more common novelty items you will come across will be grill brands that you can use to brand letters or words on to your your grilled meat. I happened to come across such an item while shopping at a discount store in the Northwoods. They were selling single letter brands for $1 but the choices were very limited. Since I could not get a "K" for my last name, I of course looked for an "M" and "H" for Moist Heat. They did not have an "H" but they did in fact have an "M". Skeptical that these things actually work, I figured I wouldn't feel too bad if tried one out for only $1. So I purchased the "M" (or maybe it was supposed to be a "W"?).

I grilled up some boneless chicken breasts last night that I had rubbed with Magic Dust and just for kicks decided to give the brand a try. While the chicken was cooking, I placed the tip of the brand in the hot coals and let it sit there for a few minutes. Just before the chicken was done, I removed the brand from the coals and placed the red hot "M" on the chicken. Surprisingly the brand worked very well and left a nice charred "M" right on the chicken. Too bad I couldn't find an "H" to go with it. Maybe I could do an "M" and a "W" for Moist and Wet?? :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster